- 2019 National Wrestling Coaches Association Scholar All-American selection
- 2019 NCAA Division III National qualifier at 184 pounds (second straight year)
- Owns a 24-7 season and a 71-26 career mark with a .732 winning percentage
- He has for pins
- His 71 career wins is tied for 32nd all-time
- Placed third at the NCAA Division III Central Regional
- Earned All-Cetral Region honors (second straight year)
- Earned second-team All-Ohio Athletic Conference honors
- Won the 184-pound title at the BW Invitational on November 17, 2018
- NCAA Division III National Championships qualifier and had a 1-2 record at the 2018 NCAA Div. III National Championship Tournament in Cleveland
- All-Central Region selection with third place finish
- All-Ohio Athletic Conference second-team selection
- Won a career-high 27 macthes and had a record of 27-12
- Tallied a career-best nine major decisions with one technical fall
- Earned second varsity letter
- Compiled a 20-7 record
- Recorded five pins and one technical fall
- Earned first varsity letter
- Attended Ashtabula branch of Kent State University
- Attended Belmont Abbey (N.C.) College in the fall semester and was a member of the wrestling team
- Transferred to Lake Erie (Ohio) College
- Finished fifth at the 2014 Ohio High School Athletic Association (OHSAA) State Championships
- Two-time OHSAA State Qualifier (2013 and 2014)
- Three-time OHSAA sectional champion (2012, 2013 and 2014)
- Two-time Premier Athletic Conference champion (2013 and 2014)
- Member of the National Society of Collegiate Scholars
- Member of the Honor Roll
- Dean's List student
- Son of Ted and Kolleen Ransom
- Story on Justin in the Ashtabula Star-Beacon (HERE)
CAREER SYNOPSIS: Justin "Bo" Ransom wrestled at BW for three seasons and earned three varsity letters. He transferred to BW after attending three separate schools the two previous seasons. At BW, Bo flourished as a student and wrestler.
As a student, the education major maintained a better than 3.5 grade point average as a junior and senior and received National Wrestling Coaches Association Division III Scholar All-American honors.
On the mat, Bo helped BW to compile a three-year overall record of 55-7, including a 17-1 Ohio Athletic Conference record and three straight OAC regular season titles. He also helped BW win its first-ever NCAA Division III Central Region title as a junior and second place finishes as a sophomore and senior. All three seasons, BW was raned in the Top-15 nationally by the NWCA.
Individually, Bo compiled a 71-26 record and ranks 33rd all-time in terms of career wins. He also had 13 pins and five technical falls. Bo was a two-time All-OAC and a two-time All-Central Region honoree as well as a two-time NCAA Div. III National Tournament qualifier. He had 177 takedowns, 113 escapes, five reversals and 21 total near falls.
THROUGH-THE-YEARS WITH JUSTIN "BO" RANSOM: As a freshman in 2014-2015, Bo attended Belmont Abbey (NC) College for one semester and was a starter. He then transferred (see more above) to Lake Erie College.
As a sophomore in 2016-2017, Bo is competing in his first season of wrestling and earned his first varsity letter. He alternated at 174 pounds. Bo placed third at 174 pounds at the 2017 John Summa Tournament at BW. He compiled a 20-7 record with five pins and four technical falls. Bo also had 48 takedowns, 37 escapes, five reversals and nine total near falls. He helped the Yellow Jackets compile a school-record 22 wins and a 22-3 dual match record, captured a second straight OAC title, place second at the Mideast Regional for the second straight year, end the season ranked ninth in Div. III by the NWCA and place 25th at the Div. III national tourney.
As a junior in 2017-2018, Bo competed in his second season of wrestling at BW and third overall and earned his second letter at BW. Bo started at 174 pounds and was a second-team All-OAC selection. He had a 4-1 record and placed third at the NCAA Division III Central Regional Tournament. He earned All-Central Region honors and qualified for the 2018 NCAA Division III National Tournament at Public Hall in Cleveland. At the National tourney, Bo had a 1-2 record. He compiled a seasonal mark of 27-12 with four pins and one technical fall. He also had 48 takedowns, 32 escapes and eight total near falls. BW had a 19-2 overall record, including winning its third straight OAC title with a 6-0 mark, won its first-ever Regional title and placed 15th at the 2018 NCAA Division III National Tournament.
As a senior in 2018-2019, Bo is competing in his third season of wrestling at BW and hopes to earn his third letter. He is the starter at 184 pounds. Bo earned second-team All-OAC honors for the second straight year. He also received NWCA (National Wrestling Coaches Association) Division III Scholar All-American honors. He had a 4-1 record at the 2019 NCAA Div. III Central Regional to place third and earn All-Central Region honors for the second straight season. At the 2019 NCAA Div. III National Tournament, Bo had a 2-2 record and was one win from earning Div. III All-American honors. He finished the season with a 26-9 record with four pins. He also had 81 takedowns (second), 44 escapes and four near falls. BW finished the regular season ranked fifth nationally in the NWCA Div. III National poll, had a 13-2 overall dual match record, including a 5-1 OAC record and its fourth straight OAC title and placed 14th at the NCAA Div. III National Tournament and second in the Div. III Central Region tourney.